11 Ways to End 2011 and Create Healthy Habits for the New Year!
- Slow down. Give yourself plenty of time to get where you are going.
- Make gifts or buy them from local designers and artisans.
- Join a CSA and get local, organic produce delivered to your door. There are so many, to choose from. (Yelp! can help you find the right one for you in your area.)
- Be sure to find a little time each day to enjoy silence and the company of your Self.
- Spread good cheer by saying hello to your neighbors.
- Start a gratitude journal and a daily practice of recognizing the blessings in your life.
- Go for a walk each day even if it is just around the block. Breathe in the fresh air.
- Surround yourself with people who are positive and uplifting.
- Eat warm grounding foods such as soups, stews, and seasonal root vegetables.
- Pause before you eat and each meal and give thanks silently. Eat slowly and sit for a few minutes once you have finished.
- And of course, get to your yoga mat each day! If you can’t make it to a class watch for short home sequences I will post be posting here on my blog and Facebook page.
All month I will be posting health tips, recipes, gift ideas, and home asana sequences. I’d love to hear from you so please share your experiences and ask questions on my Facebook page.