11 Ways to End 2011 and Create Healthy Habits for the New Year!
- Slow down. Give yourself plenty of time to get where you are going.
- Make gifts or buy them from local designers and artisans.
- Join a CSA and get local, organic produce delivered to your door. There are so many, to choose from. (Yelp! can help you find the right one for you in your area.)
- Be sure to find a little time each day to enjoy silence and the company of your Self.
- Spread good cheer by saying hello to your neighbors.
- Start a gratitude journal and a daily practice of recognizing the blessings in your life.
- Go for a walk each day even if it is just around the block. Breathe in the fresh air.
- Surround yourself with people who are positive and uplifting.
- Eat warm grounding foods such as soups, stews, and seasonal root vegetables.
- Pause before you eat and each meal and give thanks silently. Eat slowly and sit for a few minutes once you have finished.
- And of course, get to your yoga mat each day! If you can’t make it to a class watch for short home sequences I will post be posting here on my blog and Facebook page.
All month I will be posting health tips, recipes, gift ideas, and home asana sequences. I’d love to hear from you so please share your experiences and ask questions on my Facebook page.
Leave a Reply