- Turn off the water while brushing you teeth, shaving, or another time-consuming task.
- Bring your own grocery bags to shop for food and other items.
- Ditch plastic water bottles, disposable coffee cups, and straws.
- When making a purchase choose items with little or no packaging.
- Reduce the amount of take out food you consume. Even one less meal per week makes a difference in the trash you make.
- Refill containers of laundry soap, dish soap, etc at a place like Rainbow Grocery or Green 11.
- If you live where there is a place that carries bulk items, commit to filling bottles rather than buying new. In the Bay Area you can get cooking oils, vinegars, syrup, honey, nut butters, dry foods, and much more.
- Use cloth napkins instead of paper.
- Bring your own cutlery instead of using disposable. To-Go Ware is a great option.
- Buy local and close to home whenever possible to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Switch all of your bills and statements paperless and pay your bills online.
- Compost your food scraps.
- Recycle paper and packaging.
- Make your own cleaning supplies. Vinegar, tea tree oil, baking soda, and essential oils are great cleaners.
- If you drive bundle your errands and carpool whenever possible.
Please share your additional ideas in the comments below. Thank you!
Leave a Reply