Shoulder stand is a pose that is its own practice. A regular practice of this pose called the queen of all asana, has so many health benefits to living vibrantly. It’s name in Sanskrit is Sarvangasana which means “all limbs pose” and therefore benefits all areas of your body. The practice of shoulder stand:
- Reduces tension and stress in the neck and shoulders and cultivates healthy alignment.
- Improves complexion and reduces wrinkles due to the increased flow of blood to the face.
- Soothes the nervous system by calming the parasympathetic system and helps to balance those who are easily irritated, anxious, and prone to nervous breakdowns or anger.
- Boosts the immune system and reduces the tendency to get the common cold.
- Decreases varicose veins by draining the blood from the legs, pelvis, and belly.
- Stimulates the thyroid and parathyroid helping the body to balance the hormones produced by these glands.
- Energizes the throat chakra that is the center of communication and self expression.
- Promotes restful sleep and reduces insomnia.
- Reduces constipation and other digestive disorders by making space in the abdominal organs and inverted them the bowels move freely.
- Supports the heart, the respiratory system, brings relief from asthma, bronchitis, and sinus issues; and reduces allergies by circulating oxygenated blood to the head and chest.
- Increases strength and flexibility and brings you balance and stability by opening the chest, shoulders, and upper back while strengthening the arms, legs, and core postural muscles.
- Regulates the menstrual cycle, reduces PMS, cramps, and eases the discomfort of menopause.
- Stabilizes the metabolism and stokes the digestive fire helping to burn fat.
- Increases the circulation of the lymphatic system nourishing the whole body.
Join me this Sunday at Yoga Tree Hayes to train your body for a healthy and beneficial shoulder stand!
Leave a Reply