Here’s a great stretch to start out your day. Most of us wake up a bit stiff from sleep. My yoga starts as soon as I get out of bed, I have found creative ways to stretch as I go about my morning routine . Tomorrow while you are making your coffee or tea, use the kitchen sink for a juicy stretch and traction of your spine!
1. Hold on to your kitchen sink, lean your hips back, and straighten your legs.
- Squeeze your shins (lower legs) toward one another to stabilize
- Lift your arms, rib cage, and belly
- Breathe as you lengthen your spine
2. Walk your feet toward the sink and bend your knees. Sit back as if you were sitting into a chair.
- Lean back and traction your spine
3. Walk your feet in even closer and drop your pelvis down to a squat.
- Hang your hips down to stretch the muscles along your spine and your lower back.
Please post a comment below and let me know how it goes!