The holidays are upon us. It’s a time when the world around us is festive but the body needs more rest. Here are some tips to conserve your energy and enjoy this time of celebration.
1. Go to bed 1 hour earlier each night you are home. That way you will be well rested for the nights you are out celebrating.
2. Make a big pot of soup or stew and roast some root vegetables. Eating nourishing and grounding foods, rather than grabbing what is fast and easy will help you stay healthy and balanced this season.
3. Commit to your yoga practice and get to the mat each day. If you can’t make it to class, here are some short home routines to help get you started.
4. Take a 5-20 minute break each day. Turn off your computer, put down your phone and check out! Dance, draw, put your legs up the wall, have a cup of tea, take a walk, stare into space….
5. Start the day with 2-4 glasses of warm lemon water each day and continue to drink warm fluids throughout the day.
Wishing you a blessed holiday season!