FEBRUARY 10-27, 2024
The Spirit and Cultureof South India
WITH STACEY ROSENBERG
A Yoga Adventure to Tamil Naduand Kerala with Stacey and Swami
A trip to India is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and Stacey and Swami are so excited to offer this trip to South India! We will start in Chennai and head east, visiting the famous temples throughout Tamil Nadu then continue on to the relaxed vibe of Kerala to slow down and enjoy some time in nature.
This journey begins by visiting ancient temples of Tamil Nadu rarely frequented by westerners. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in rituals that have remained unchanged for centuries. Spend time with the people of Tamil Nadu to get a taste of village life, and visit some of the artisans that use century old techniques to make their handicrafts.
Then experience the best of Kerala–trek in the hills overlooking the tea and spice plantations for which India is so famous. Enjoy a night’s stay on a houseboat on the tranquil backwaters, and visit the historic city of Cochin. Complete this incredible journey with a few days of Yoga and Ayurvedic treatments at a gorgeous beach resort on the Arabian Sea.
Everywhere you go, you will be immersed in the best of Indian culture and learn how history and tradition meld with modernity in this rapidly changing, and yet ancient, nation. Throughout the journey you will experience dance and music performances, cooking lessons, storytelling, and of course, yoga practices with Stacey.
Stacey and Swami, who is a Tamilian from Kerala, have organized this trip based on their personal experiences with the people and places of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. We have arranged for the most sought after guide in India to facilitate this incredible adventure. The trip is planned for February when the weather in South India is at its best. On this spectacular tour of South India we’ll have VIP service on our air conditioned bus and everything will be taken care of for you so you can simply immerse in the experience.
- A deeply respectful pilgrimage to the sacred temples of Tamil Nadu
- Visit the Chidambaram temple, home of the Nataraja–the dancing Shiva
- Connect with a friendly, local community and get a taste of village life
- Visit to the tea plantations in rural Kerala and trek in the lush beautiful hills
- Stay overnight on a houseboat on Kerala’s peaceful backwaters
- Rejuvenate on the beach with yoga and Ayurvedic treatments
- Yoga sessions, discussion, and story telling with Stacey and Swami
- South Indian guide with over 20 years experience who speaks 7 languages
- An authentic experience of the longest living culture on the planet
- Traditional dance performance
- Indian cooking class
- The most temperate weather of the year in South India
- 17 nights accommodations in 4 star hotels & resorts
- Airport transfers upon arrival
- Departure transfer with group to Kochi Airport on final day
- Daily breakfast and either lunch or dinner – depending on the program
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours on our air conditioned bus
- English speaking guide services in each city locally
- Entrance fees at the monuments
- Yoga practices with Stacey per itinerary
- One massage each day at the Ayurvedic resort-our final destination
- Unlimited bottles of mineral water during the tours
- Government GST, road taxes, parking fees, fuel charges, interstate taxes, boat ride + rickshaw ride
- Two preparation meetings on Zoom
DOES NOT INCLUDED
- International Airfare
- Travelers Insurance - highly recommended
- Visa - United States citizens need a tourist visa to enter India
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages
- Camera/video camera fee at monuments
- Medical expenses
- Special Ayurvedic treatments at the final destination resort
- Tips for driver, guide, & other helpers or staff
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
Fly into Chennai (MAA) and out of Kochi (COK)
You can fly from Kochi back to Chennai or another large airport to catch an international flight home.
February 10 or early morning Feb 11.
LEAVE ON OR AFTER:
If you need to leave sooner we can make arrangements.
Please check with the CDC for the vaccinations recommended for travel.
RETREAT DETAILS + PRICING
$6345 - Single Occupancy
$5195 - Double Occupancy
If you are joining us solo and would prefer a roommate, we will do our best to find you a match.
$750 is required to secure your spot. Payment plans are available.
A check, Venmo, or Zelle is preferable. A fee will be added for credit card payments.
All deposits are non-refundable. If you cancel 90 days or more prior to the retreat start date, you will be issued a refund, less your $750 non-refundable deposit. We cannot offer any refunds, transfers, credits or cancellations for any reason within 90 days of the retreat start date. Full payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the retreat.
Thank you for consideration with this policy as so much time and heart goes into planning retreats for you!
Trip insurance is highly recommended so you can protect your investment.